Thursday, March 17, 2011

Apple Baby Crinkle Toy

I decided to make a crinkle toy for my little girl. She likes Apples, so I thought it would be appropriate.
I have to admit, it is not the best, but it was my first time trying it out, and I was happy with the results. I got the basic idea here: Crinkle Toy Tutorial

I cut out the apple shape on paper with my cricut (Create A Critter cartridge) then put that template onto my fabric.

I pinned some ribbon on the inside of the apple to mimic a stem and leaves. (I did it totally wrong the 1st time, and ended up having the ribbons on the inside of the apple)

Then I pinned the whole thing together and sewed it, leaving an opening on the side to fill it.

After it was sewn, I turned it right side out, and added some fluff and a piece of a baby wipes bag (for the crinkle) inside.

Then I folded the open end closed and ironed it (so it would stay folded) and then sewed along the outside edge (poorly I might add)

After it was all sewn, I added the eyes and smile with black embroidery thread.

It was a pretty easy project to do, I am pretty new at sewing, but hope to get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment