Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Can Kozie

I made a coworker a special can kozie for one of her friends who is a Dr. Who fan. Apparently, this girl is kind of obsessed with Dr. Who, but that's ok!

(I also like Dr. Who, and was thinking about making one of these for a while)

Here it is. The TARDIS Kozie:


I do realize that there are some inaccuracies, but hey, I'm still a beginner in crochet, and I really didn't have a lot of materials to get really detailed. I think it turned out pretty good for my set of skills.

It's made from working in the round. Once the crocheted round fits the bottom of the can, you sc in back loops around, then I used a hdc all the way to the top. The last round is just a sc around.

For the sides (there are 4, so it has a "square" shape) I took my yarn through the bottom of the kozie, and then inserted my hook into the hdc. I single crotcheted into one stitch, then chained one, and repeated the process all the way to the top (I know that's a little confusing)...

After all 4 sides were done, I cut out felt and used a sharpie for the windows and police box sign. For the "Police Box" on top, I used silver paint marker on felt. It was not easy. I had to "dot" each letter in since the pen wouldn't write it. It kept dragging the felt. Then I hot glued everything on.

I'm really certain that almost anything can become a can kozie... I would love some more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment